06 August, 2018
Many thanks for providing this great opportunity for the students of Herberton SS.
- In total 45 students worked with the scientists from the university. Students worked with the scientists over two 70 minute lessons. Students were grades 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Students were involved with hands-on activities and each of the scientists worked with small groups.
- Six staff also worked with the scientists to support learning activities.
- Due to the distance to be travelled it would be great if visitors next time could stop at the school for the day. This would also allow us the opportunity for primary students to be involved.
- The visit also provided us with an opportunity for ‘real’ scientists to use our lab.
- I have attached some photos.
Once again many thanks.
Gerald Raciti - Head of Department
Herberton State School P – 10