The awards are open to senior secondary students in years eleven (11) and twelve (12) currently participating in biology, marine science, chemistry, geography, earth science and earth and environmental science or other science subjects. They must have attained a high achievement or better on the school assessment.
• The assignment shall be to carry out a field study, student experiment or investigation-field report. This is to be carried out in the catchment of your local creek, river estuary or beach, which shall be subject to your area and teacher responsibilities.
• The best two (2) assignments from your school (completed in the period since 1 January through to October 2019) shall be submitted for entry into the Awards.
• The bursary has prize money of $1,000 for First Prize, $700 for Runner Up and two by $400 Encouragement Awards. Bursary funds will be required to go towards further studies.
• Guidelines - Refer to Page 7.
• The panel will consist of representatives from Ports North and at least one representative who is a local senior school Science Teacher and an academic from James Cook University.
• The panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
See the attached documentation for more information.
Closing Date: Friday 11th October, 2019
First Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $700
Third Prize: $400
For more details, please contact the coordinator shown below:
Coordinator: Allison Sneddon