Schools have the opportunity to nominate students from the Business (General), Business Studies (Applied), Certificate II/III in Business or the International Baccalaureate Business for the AIOP Awards.
The AIOP Awards is a joint initiative of BEAQ, the Business Liaison Association and the Australian Institute of Office Professionals.
Details of the AIOP Awards are as follows:
AIM OF THE AWARDS
1. Provide an incentive for students who wish to seek a professional career in business administration/management.
2. Promote and recognise the business professional.
3. Enhance the study of Business (General), Business Studies (Applied), Certificate II/III in Business or the International Baccalaureate Business.
4. Promote an awareness of the qualities and skills that are essential for a successful business professional.
Year 12 secondary students seeking a career in Business Administration/Business Management OR furthering their education in this field at a Tertiary institution (e.g. Bachelor of Business – as a major study) OR students seeking to continue their vocational studies at a RTO. Students must commence study in 2022 to be eligible to enter the award.
School semester 1 reporting standards have student as “B” or higher for Business (general), Student in a “B” or higher for Business Studies (applied); Letter of recommendation from RTO/Trainer for Vocational Education and Training courses (Certificate II/III Business) and International Baccalaureate Business.
Interest in the vocation (otherwise disqualified)
$88.00 (including GST) per school (not per entrant)
No limit to the number of entrants
Nomination Fee - ALL SCHOOLS WILL BE SENT A TAX INVOICE FOLLOWING RECEIPT OF NOMINATION FORM
Completed nominations are to be emailed to email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday, 20 August (Term 3, week 6), otherwise they will not be considered.
Teachers are required to copy the attached Nomination Form and distribute to interested students who meet the eligibility criteria. Completed applications should be computer-generated and checked for ACCURACY, GRAMMAR AND PRESENTATION.
Winner’s prize $900
Runner-up prize $600
Encouragement Award $300
VET Encouragement Award $300 (including Cert II/III Candidates)
The Business Liaison Association will present plaques to the winning school.
PRESENTATION OF PRIZES
All awards recipients MUST ATTEND the Official Presentation in Cairns on Tuesday, 30 November 2021 from 5.30 pm - 7.30 pm. Students will be required to wear formal school uniform as per school policy.
The selection procedure this year will consist of:
1. Short-listing students from the nomination forms by the short-listing panel.
2. Schools will be advised of the students who have been short-listed so that those students may prepare themselves for the interview process.
3. Interviews will be conducted from 12.30 pm on Saturday, 11th September at the Rydges Esplanade Resort, Cairns. Parking is available at the venue.
4. The interview panel is made up of an AIOP Representative, two business executives, and a teacher representative.
At the interview, the students will be required to:
Present his/her Curriculum Vitae (of two pages). Students should make sure they include only copies of relevant certificates, awards etc. as these will not be returned.
Answer a series of questions from the panel.
Demonstrate high personal presentation and communication skills.
(NB: Formal school uniform must be worn)
All students short-listed and interviewed will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All interviews will take place at the allocated time – no other date is possible. Teleconferencing or Skype can be arranged, but costs (where applicable) must be met by the applicant or the school.
This information can also be accessed from www.bla.org.au
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via email. Further, I am able to be reached by telephone at Tully State High School on 40 684 555.
Closing Date: Friday 20th August, 2021
For more details, please contact the coordinator shown below:
Coordinator: Glenda Tenni