Ports North Environmental Awards 2018
The awards are open to senior secondary students in years eleven (11) and twelve (12) currently participating in biology, marine science, chemistry, science 21, geography and earth science or other science subjects. They must have attained a high achievement or better on the school assessment.
• The assignment shall be to carry out a field study, or a combined laboratory and field study, during class time, of an estuarine or fresh water system. This is to be carried out at your local creek or river, which shall be subject to your area and teacher responsibilities.
• The best two (2) assignments from your school (completed in the period since 1 January through to October 2018) shall be submitted for entry into the Awards.
• The bursary has prize money of $1,000 for First Prize, $700 for Runner Up and two by $400 Encouragement Awards. Bursary funds will be required to go towards further studies.
• Guidelines - Refer to Page 7 in the attached document.
• The panel will consist of representatives from Ports North, and at least one representative from senior school Science Teacher, and James Cook University.
• The panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This award will be co-ordinated by Allison Sneddon - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all student applications is Friday 12th October 2018. Applications will not be considered unless the registration fee has been submitted.